Administrators, as part of the educational leadership in the District community, represent the views of the District. Their actions, verbal and nonverbal, reflect the attitude and the beliefs of the District. Therefore, administrators shall conduct themselves professionally and in a manner fitting to their position.
Each administrator shall follow the code of ethics stated in this policy. Failure to act in accordance with this code of ethics or in a professional manner, in the judgment of the Board, shall be grounds for discipline up to, and including, discharge.
The professional school administrator:
• Upholds the honor and dignity of the profession in actions and relations with students, colleagues, Board members and the public;
• Obeys local, state and national laws; holds to high ethical and moral standards; and gives loyalty to this country and to the cause of democracy and liberty;
• Accepts the responsibility to master and contribute to the growing body of specialized knowledge, concepts, and skills which characterize school administration as a profession;
• Strives to provide the finest possible educational experiences and opportunities to the members of the District community;
• Seeks to preserve and enhance the prestige and status of the profession when applying for a position or entering into contractual agreements;
• Carries out in good faith the policies duly adopted by the local Board and the regulations of state authorities and renders professional service;
• Disallows consideration of private gain or personal economic interest to affect the discharge of professional responsibilities;
• Recognizes public schools are the public’s business and seeks to keep the public informed about their schools; and,
• Supports and practices the management team concept.
Approved: September 15, 1997
Revised/Reviewed: March 30, 2017